Monday, April 30, 2012

Can love be found on Reality Internet?

It's been awhile since I last blogged but since then I have learned a few things so I think that more than makes up for it. For starters, online dating is NOT my thing. I gave it a shot for a month, and kept an open mind, but it just wasn't for me. The type of person I am looking for is going to be out and about doing things and meeting people not sitting at home looking at girls profiles online sending "winks" or "flirts". No. The man I am looking for will actually be out DOING those things.

So...............my next great dating adventure is ........ drum roll please ................ The Mormon Bachelor. Yes that is a real show and yes they are on their fourth season. I heard about the show several years ago from my sister but I didn't think much of it until I saw a friend of mine post about it on Facebook. She said one of her best friends had recently been chosen to be the Mormon Bachelor and she gave the link to apply to date him. When I saw his picture, there was no turning back and I knew I had to apply. So I did my "research" and learned a little bit more about the show and about the bachelor, Kent Tuttle, whose heart practically every eligible mormon girl was vying for and I submitted my application. From my research I learned that Kent is a lot more than just a handsome face. He is a solid guy and I am excited to get to know him better and see if we have a connection.

Part of the auditon/application process was to make a youtube video describing who you are and why you should be on the show. Making that video was a lot of fun but it was also difficult at times. Putting yourself out there for the whole world to see (and judge) is kind of scary, but I did it. My video is pretty cheesy at times and a little nerdy but hey, that's me! Now that my video is out on the world wide web for everyone to see and the application deadline has passed, the next step is a Skype interview with the executive producer of the show and/or her crew. After the interview process, May 15th is the lucky day when I will find out  if I was chosen for a date with Kent or not. So until then.........

    

No comments:

Post a Comment